Learn About California Runners
California Runners is a nonprofit organization dedicated to unifying the California running community while educating the general public on the health benefits of running, walking, and physical activity.
We are a nonprofit community of Californians that are passionate about running. Together:
- We have a social network to motivate and inspire each other to achieve our health and fitness goals, share and track our race results, and schedule times to meet for runs.
- We host, sponsor, and support running events throughout California.
- We promote health and fitness through our charitable work.
Unite with your fellow runners and take this unique opportunity to become a founding member of California Runners.
How much does it cost to join?
Sign up to become a founding member of California Runners and your 2014 annual membership fee is only $46! You can also sign up for a lifetime membership by making a one-time payment of $350 to California Runners.
Our website is designed to educate the general public on health and fitness news, promote local running events, and update Californians about our charity work. To access the members only part of our website, create a California Runners profile page, join a club/team, receive member only discounts, and access our message board, you must sign up for a membership.
- California Runners limited edition “Founder” technical t-shirt
Cash back in your pocket
- A $46 discount to the inaugural California Half Marathon (making your membership essentially free!)
- Discounts to local road races
- Discounts on shoes at local running specialty stores
- Discounts on local coaching and personal training services
- Discounts on online coaching and training programs
- Discounts on ALL items in the California Runners online store
VIP treatment at the California Half Marathon
- Guaranteed entry to the 1st Annual California Half Marathon (Spring 2015) at a $46 discount!
- VIP "Red Carpet" check in
- VIP gift at check-in
- Special VIP California Runners bib number
- VIP bag check
Members-only community to connect you with other California Runners
- Access to our members only message board to coordinate local runs and discuss all things running (coming in 2014)
- Access to our list of local group runs and workouts for you to meet new training partners
- Calendar of local California races for you to plan your 2014 racing season
- Profile page to publicly or privately announce your next race and log race results
- Ability to see which of your friends will be at the same race as you
- Daily motivation and accountability to yourself, your friends, and your local running community by updating your running log (coming in 2014)
- Ability to create Groups/Teams with your friends, family, co-workers, and teammates to encourage and inspire each other to run farther and faster
- Health and training tips from many of the world's best distance runners who hail from California
- Health, fitness, and inspirational articles exclusive to California Runners from top health experts, athletes, and coaches
Make a difference in your community – Your contribution is going to support:
- Middle school youth running programs
- Shoe donations for Californians in need of running shoes
- Trail, road, and beach clean up projects
- Fun opportunities to volunteer and get involved with local races in your community
Bragging rights - You're a founding member
How often in your life have you had the opportunity to start something from the ground up? Here you can make a significant impact on the sport you are passionate about within the community you want to help.
Please take this unique opportunity and join us today. Together, We Run California.